glade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- Stravinsky's The Firebird, animated by the brothers Gaetan and Paul Brizzi, becomes a volcano dweller who destroys a forest; an elk and a wood sprite must somehow restore the glade.
- In the middle of a nearby glade, Reinado, dressed in camouflage fatigues, held court.
- Occasionally, particularly learned or prized guests make informal, off-the-record speeches in the glade.
News & Articles
- Proposal would classify glade cress as threatened
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is proposing a new rule that would classify the tiny Kentucky glade cress as a threatened species.
June 15, 2013 - WLKY Louisville
- 1 dead in crash on Forest Hill Blvd.
A man died after losing control of his car on Forest Hill Blvd., east of May Pop Rd., early Friday morning. 25-year-old Eugine R. Miller of Belle Glade, Florida was traveling eastbound on Forest Hill Blvd.
June 15, 2013 - WPTV West Palm Beach
- Funnel cloud spotted near Belle Glade
A funnel cloud was spotted southwest of Belle Glade Wednesday afternoon
June 12, 2013 - WFLX FOX 29
- Vanessa Hudgens in PR Newswire (press release)
I had such a great time hosting the Glade(R) Light Show Ultimate Slumber Party and hanging with all of these awesome girls from across the country,says Vanessa Hudgens. "It was great to spend a night and just kick-back and do all of those...
- Cris Carter in USA Today
People I know think he's making all the right steps and that he's making a conscious effort,Carter says. "He's really a good kid. As far as growing up in Belle Glade, that's real. We are not trying to give kids excuses that they don't have...
- Rich Rodriguez in MLive.com
A year ago this time he was down in the muck, playing in Pahokee and Belle Glade (Fla.) and all that,Rodriguez said. "Now he's playing on a bigger stage, and nothing's really fazed him."