gladness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n experiencing joy and pleasure
- But after the budget speech, there is a clearer sense that we have a President who will attack those decisions, then lead the way forward with the unconquerable gladness of a man .
- By the strange law of increase, gladness begets gladness.
- With gladness would we render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, but we will not sacrifice to him that which is God's .
News & Articles
- Conquerors of the Sky
Best-selling historical writer Thomas Fleming returns to the historical epic this month, following his more punchy previous novel "Hours of Gladness," a gritty thriller about Irish gangsters in New Jersey.
June 27, 2013 - Irish Central
- Oleg Protopopov in New York Times
We try to bring the gladness to people if they watch us,Oleg said. "There is no limit to how old you can be. They get pleasure from this, so why do we have to stop?"
- John Chrysostom in ChristianityToday.com
John pointed to the book of Acts as a model of true community: "Observe the increase of piety," he said. "They cast away their riches, and rejoiced and had great gladness for greater were the riches they received without labor. None...
- Gordon B Hinckley in Salt Lake Tribune
If you will take control of your lives, the future is filled with opportunity and gladness,Hinckley said. "You cannot afford to waste your talents or your time."