- n thick-walled muscular pouch below the crop in many birds and reptiles for grinding food
- Something in the Gizzard .
- He fried some dumplings and probably boiled the gizzard, when he should have roasted it.
- Coiled in the bird's gullet, still showing signs of life but with its head firmly imbedded in the bird's gizzard, was a 15-in.
News & Articles
- ‘Unusually high’ numbers of fish dying in many WNY waterways
Rising to the top: Dead fish – probably gizzard shad – float to the surface of the water Tuesday in Wilson Harbor on Lake Ontario. Harry Scull Jr./Buffalo News
June 12, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Gizzards, games and good times - oh my
Loading Photo Galleries ... Kabobs from Lamai's Kitchen sizzle on the grill at the annual Gizzard Festival in Potterville Sunday. / Robert Killips/Lansing State Journal
June 9, 2013 - DeWitt-Bath Review
- Herbert Asbury in San Francisco Chronicle
Asbury writes the miner sank into a chair and muttered, "Right down to my gizzard! Yes sir, right down to my gizzard!"
- Joanna Blythman in guardian.co.uk
We didn't used to buy chicken pieces,says Blythman. "We bought a chicken. We had it hot once, and then we scraped the bits off it for sandwiches, and then we boiled the carcass and the gizzard and used the stock to make soup or risotto....