- n a slowly moving mass of ice
- The glacier ends where melting causes icebergs to calve off, and we see that each year the glacier has retreated farther and farther away from the sea.
- Up at 5,653 m, Pakistani army Captain Ali Nazir watches the crows as they soar down from the spires of rock, gliding over the blue glacier.
- One artificial glacier costs just $7,000, compared to $34,000 for a cement water reservoir.
- Kevin Rudd in NEWS.com.au
Let's just be blunt about it. But where it was before, which was in a pre-glacial position, we are now moving rapidly down the glacier,Mr Rudd said. "Except, unlike moving most glaciers, we have five weeks to arrive at the end point."
- Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri in ForexTV.com
I spoke to his excellency (Mukherjee) about that (Siachen glacier) and as soon as the dates are agreed we will be very happy for that meeting to take place,Kasuri said.
- Denny Rehberg in International Herald Tribune
Before any proposal moves forward, we need to know how this development will affect the Waterton-Glacier area and what steps British Columbia is willing to take to reduce the impacts of their energy development,Rehberg said.