- n an exchange of views on some topic
- n light teasing repartee
- n mutual interaction; the activity of reciprocating or exchanging (especially information)
- Campaign officials expect Garin to work on bringing consistency to a message that has been too focused on the daily give-and-take between their candidate and Barack Obama.
- In part, his advisers have since concluded, the difficulty stems from the natural give-and-take of the legislative process and how it plays out in the media.
- The first meeting of Ford with Carey and Mayor Abraham Beame last May was more confrontation than give-and-take.
- Tom Daschle in Guardian Unlimited
They (South Carolinians) don't want to see this backbiting, bitter give-and-take that we're beginning to see more and more of, especially from the Clinton campaign. It's wrong. everybody knows it's wrong and it's got to stop,Daschle told...