giver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who devotes himself completely
there are no greater givers than those who give themselves
- n person who makes a gift of property
- He's as tireless a giver as he is a liver.
- In contemporary American music, Springsteen, 58, is its most enduring and robust giver.
- In fact, when they were freed of anxiety about intellectual performance, the black students registered higher IQ scores under a white test giver than under a black one.
News & Articles
- Duke to perform in 'The Giver'
Patty Duke will perform the featured role in a theatrical reading of "The Giver" this summer at the Bing Crosby Theatre in Spokane. Tickets are on sale now for two July 17 performances, at 2 and 7 p.m., with a question-and-answer period following each show.
June 14, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Fathers and Daughters, Dads and Sons - Share Sports
Fathers Day can be a time to reflect on play and its role in bonding and building family. Signing a child up for organized sport is a gift. Getting out one night a week for mens league lacrosse can be an energy giver. This all being said, neglecting playing together is a tremendous opportunity missed.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- India's 'Vision 2022': A Ray of Hope for Women's Health
Bangalore: Women, the life giver and the most important section of the society are at risk today.
June 12, 2013 - INDOlink
- Pat Summitt in FOXNews
Kay was passionate about life and coaching. She was a giver and she gave so much to every life she touched,Tennessee coach Pat Summitt said in a statement. "She made a difference in the lives of so many people, not just the life lessons...
- Bill Clinton in International Herald Tribune
Clinton called on each young member of the audience to "be a citizen servant, a giver, because we have to have a vital society," before announcing the Clinton Global Initiative's first youth summit, called CGI U, planned for next year at Tulane...
- Phil Jackson in guardian.co.uk
He's learned how to become a leader in a way in which people want to follow him,Jackson said. "That's really important for him to have learned that because he knew that he had to give to get back in return, and so he's become a giver...