- n (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon
- s characterized by firm and unwavering conviction
a foursquare refusal to yield
- r in a square position
the building stood foursquare
- r with firmness and conviction; without compromise
he stood foursquare for religious liberty and toleration"- C.G.Bowers
- We're not used to fantasy taking on religion foursquare.
- But the crowd wasn't really cheering for balanced books; it was hooting and hollering for Dean himself, who could come out foursquare for a healthy balanced diet and his .
- Last week the town which Brigham Young laid out "foursquare with the compass" with wide streets and ten-acre blocks, was a center of Western commerce and trade, hub of three .
News & Articles
- Ben & Jerry's could make a D.C. ice cream with Route 11 potato chips
... if enough people check-in to D.C. law offices on Foursquare. It's all part of a convoluted (but delicious) effort to crowdsource an ice cream with "local flavor."
June 12, 2013 - Washington Post
- Foursquare aims to court small businesses
Foursquare has traditionally been a way for customers to promote their favorite bars, coffee shops and restaurants. Now, those shops will be able to promote themselves to consumers. The four-year-old mobile app company has started allowing a "handful" of local New York City merchants to promote their store listings within the service, meaning they will be able to target Foursquare users in the ...
June 8, 2013 - Crain's New York Business
- Foursquare adds new maps for Android tablets and large phones
Foursquare has finally recognized that tablets exist and decided to do something about it. Foursquare for Android has been updated to improve its map displays on tablets and smartphones with large screens. The app now shows a dual-panel display with a map on one side and listings on the other, removing the need to navigate back and forth between two pages. The new map view is available on ...
June 7, 2013 - Mobile Burn
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
Afterward, Obama said North Korea must be "held to account" and "we stand foursquare behind" Lee.
- Michael Steele in msnbc.com
On the other matter, in terms of Afghanistan and all of that,Steele began, "let me be very clear: Absolutely, without equivocation, or doubt or hesitation, I'm foursquare, a thousand percent with our troops on the ground. My goodness, do...
- Tony Blair in USA Today
Blair told al-Maliki that Britain will "stand foursquare behind you and the Iraqi people in ensuring that your democracy is not destroyed by terrorism, by sectarianism, by those who wish to live in hatred rather than in peace."