- r directly and without evasion; not roundabout
to face a problem squarely
the responsibility lies squarely with them
- r in a straight direct way
looked him squarely in the eye
- r firmly and solidly
hit the ball squarely
the bat met the ball squarely
- r in a square shape
a squarely cut piece of paper
- r with firmness and conviction; without compromise
- This brave and visionary pastor has given a completely new sense to the ancient honorific; his work puts squarely on our agenda the question of how we express spiritual .
- There is little doubt that John McCain's unexpected choice of 44-year old Sarah Palin as his vice presidential nominee is aimed squarely at female voters.
- Unlike most kids' shows, which are vague about the characters' ages, this one makes clear that Pororo is 4--putting him squarely in his viewership's developmental playgroup.
News & Articles
- TSX rises on U.S. data, Tim Hortons as it awaits Fed
By John Tilak TORONTO (Reuters) - Canadian stocks hit a one-week high on Tuesday as stronger U.S. economic data boosted oil and gas shares, while market focus was squarely on a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting that might offer clues on the future of U.S. monetary policy. Also boosting Canada's benchmark stock index, coffee chain Tim Hortons Inc was up 3.5 percent on news that it now faces pressure ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Cannons being readied for their debut
Three replica 18th-century cannons will soon be placed in Oglethorpe Battery Park in Davis Shores, aimed squarely at the Castillo de San Marcos. On Monday, workers at the City of St.
June 18, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Infographic: Does the Company Care That You Own Netflix Stock?
Netflix shareholders voted squarely against the wishes of its board of directors on several important matters. As an owner of Netflix stock, will your voice be heard or not?
June 17, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Barack Obama in Globe and Mail
Barack Obama spoke on Tuesday about this, as well, claiming, "Anger is not always productive: it keeps us from squarely facing our own complicity in our condition."
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
There'll be a moment when the responsibility of the president lands squarely on his shoulders,Bush said.
- Junichiro Koizumi in BBC News
Addressing delegates, Mr Koizumi said: "In the past Japan through its colonial rule and aggression caused tremendous damage and suffering for the people of many countries, particularly those of Asian nations. Japan squarely faces these facts of...