- n following the third position; number four in a countable series
- n one of four equal parts
- n the musical interval between one note and another four notes away from it
- s coming next after the third and just before the fifth in position or time or degree or magnitude
- r in the fourth place
fourthly, you must pay the rent on the first of the month
- I think the fairest and most charitable way to define Mormonism would be to call it the fourth Abrahamic religion Judaism being the first, Christianity being the second, Islam .
- Ah, but this young Sprinfieldianite has staying power: staying in the fourth grade, to the endless vexation of his teacher and his principal; staying glued to the living-room tube .
- Black fourth-graders have gained meaningful ground in math and reading since the test was first administered, in the early 1990s, while eighth-graders have made slight progress.
News & Articles
- Fourth of July recipe: Red, white, and blue shortcakes
Fourth of July shortcakes deliver the sweetness of in-season berries along with a natural red, white, and blue: a strawberry rhubarb sauce, whipped cream, and blueberries for garnish on a candied ginger shortcake.
June 30, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Fourth of July recipe: Chocolate covered strawberries with popping sugar
Fourth of July means fireworks. Carbonated sugar is one way to bring some pop! to chocolate covered strawberries.
June 29, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Fourth of July the 'bread and butter' for fireworks retailers
The Fourth of July is less than a week away, and South Florida fireworks retailers are counting on swarms of customers and explosive sales.
June 29, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Chet Culver in Dubuque Telegraph Herald
My thoughts and prayers are with the town of Bellevue and those injured at today's Fourth of July parade,he said. "I am especially saddened because the accident occurred during the events celebrating Independence Day, which is a day that...
- Ben Bernanke in ABC News
Bernanke said he and his colleagues believe economic activity will "slow noticeably in the fourth quarter" compared to the 3.9 percent pace of the third quarter.
- Sam Raimi in Los Angeles Times
Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me,Raimi said in a statement. "While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a...