fourteenth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n position 14 in a countable series of things
- s coming next after the thirteenth in position
- The tape is about one-fourteenth the size of a standard audiocassette and not half as big as Microcassettes, which have been in use since 1969.
- Inayatullah was expecting, too, for the fourteenth time.
- But in a sign of possible trouble, he took an uncharacteristically long time on his fourteenth move ("Vlad thinking here is not a good omen for those rooting for living creatures .
News & Articles
- Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng Are Getting Divorced
Your "love is dead" of the day: News Corp. boss Rupert Murdoch and his third wife, Wendi Deng, are splitting, Deadline Hollywood reports (confirmed here). The 82-year-old Murdoch reportedly filed for divorce this morning in New York State Supreme Court, less than two weeks shy of the couple's fourteenth anniversary. ... More »
June 13, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Kholodenko Clinches The Van Cliburn
Twenty-six-year old Vadym Kholodenko won the gold medal in the Fourteenth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition on Sunday night.
June 10, 2013 - CBS Dallas - Fort Worth
- NASCAR Party in the Poconos 400 Presented by Walmart Schedule for June 9, 2013
The NASCAR Party in the Poconos 400 presented by Walmart is scheduled for June 9, 2013, at the Pocono Raceway. In 2012, Joey Logano won the race and plans to compete again. The Party in the Poconos 400 is the fourteenth Sprint Cup Series race of the season.
June 7, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Samuel Alito in ABC News
It is clear that the framers and ratifiers of the Fourteenth Amendment counted the right to keep and bear arms among those fundamental rights necessary to our system of ordered liberty,wrote Justice Samuel Alito for the five-four majority.
- Harry Blackmun in American Spectator
Justice Blackmun wrote, "If this suggestion of personhood is established, the appellant's case, of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life is then guaranteed specifically by the (Fourteenth) Amendment."
- Gary Kubiak in Forbes
If an originalist analysis was applied to the Fourteenth Amendment, women would not be provided equal protection under the Constitution, interracial marriages could be outlawed, schools could still be segregated and the principle of one man, one... Dianne Feinstein http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Feinstein&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFl9GDVMy9rRgYyanHYDe6hddMtiQ USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-01-26-johnsonalito_x.htm%3FPOE%3DNEWISVA&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGvexYysBJ2wN6BlBM_8AHLnMuQ-w Jan 26, 2006
39556 50809 fourth-year Owen has been awesome," coach Gary Kubiak said. "He's way beyond a rookie. He's been wonderful. A very mature young man, much like DeMeco (Ryans) he's playing about like a third or fourth-year player. He's a big part of the future."