- n front part of a vessel or aircraft
- a situated at or toward the bow of a vessel
- r near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments
- The episode brought many unsettling issues to the fore, including loopholes that let the mentally ill buy guns, privacy laws that restrict school counselors' ability to tell others .
- The truth hasn't been allowed to come to the fore either for any number of legal reasons or it wasn't lurid enough for print or airing.
- Charlie came to the fore to keep us on the path of doing the first rate journalism that had distinguished World News for many years.
News & Articles
- Guidewire Software Announces Addition of Affecto to PartnerConnect Program
Affecto PLC, a fore-runner in the field of Enterprise Information Management and Operational Solutions in Northern Europe, and Guidewire Software, Inc. , a provider of core system software to general insurers, today announced that Affecto has joined Guidewire PartnerConnect™ as an Affiliate member.
June 19, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Overnight drilling set at Fore River Bridge
Drilling in the Fore River channel by MassDOT contractor White-Skanska-Koch to construct concrete supports for a new Fore River Bridge will be done around the clock over a two-week period beginning June 24.
June 18, 2013 - Weymouth News
- 24-hour Fore River Bridge work coming June 24
Officials in Quincy and Weymouth aren’t expecting much of a fuss over the upcoming round-the-clock work on the new Fore River Bridge. The state Department of Transportation announced that the overnight work will begin June 24 and last for about two weeks.
June 17, 2013 - The Patriot Ledger
- Gordon Brown in Belfast Telegraph
Mr Brown said: "I think whatever the result of the American election ...... history has been made in this campaign - the women coming to the fore, a black candidate coming to the fore. But it is for the American people to decide."
- Colin Montgomerie in WMC-TV
Apparently, the protein in it is agreat healer,Montgomerie said. "So now I am not shouting 'Fore!' on the golf course anymore, I am shouting 'Moo!'"
- Lewis Hamilton in Sportinglife.com
Evoking memories of the way Senna was dominant in such conditions, Hamilton said: "He was spectacular in the wet. He once said if you can drive in the wet then you can do anything, and the top drivers do come to the fore. Growing up I knew I wanted...