aft : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (nautical, aeronautical) situated at or toward the stern or tail
- r at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane
stow the luggage aft
ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft
- On their first combat mission, over Bizerte in Tunisia, the tail gunner was wounded and Ben moved aft.
- In the control room just aft of the shattered weapons compartments, Lyachin, the five staff officers and the dozen or so officers and petty officers manning the ship's controls .
- For the record, it's at the top of your head aft of the frontal lobe, fore of the occipital lobe, north of the temporal lobe.
News & Articles
- Hit-and-run truck on I-90 injures Yakima woman
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:46:01 GMT Yakima Herald-Republic CLE ELUM, Wash. — A Yakima woman was treated and released from an Ellensburg hospital after her car was struck on Interstate 90 by a truck that fled without stopping. Martha A. Oberlander, 60, was driving east about 21 miles west of Cle Elum Saturday aft...
June 21, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Salvage Operation Planned for Fractured MOL Comfort
MOL has confirmed that the aft part of the ship continues to drift in an east-northeast direction, but could not confirm the status of the fore part of the ship today because of adverse weather.
June 20, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- ATK Agrees to Multi-Million Dollar Contract to Produce Composite Aft Fan Cases for Rolls-Royce Trent XWB-97
ARLINGTON, Va., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ATK (NYSE: ATK) announced the award of a contract valued at more than $50 million from Rolls-Royce plc, United Kingdom, to produce aft fan composite cases ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance