- s changing (increasing or decreasing) as an individual's age increases
- While further research needs to be done to establish the exact impact of social activity and exercise on specific age-related declines it's likely that a reduction in social .
- They may also reveal, we can hope, strategies for protecting ourselves from age-related memory loss and cognitive decline.
- The fact is that age-related diseases are age-related diseases because they're the later stages of aging.
News & Articles
- Implantable Telescope Improves Vision For Patients With Macular Degeneration
The leading cause of blindness in adults in is age-related macular degeneration. More than a million Americans have it. And while there are some ways to keep the disease from getting worse, there’s no way to restore sight once it’s been lost. As part of KERA’s Breakthroughs project, Lauren Silverman reports on one North Texas woman who is among the first in the nation to have a new procedure ...
June 20, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Seniors with Age-Related Macular Degeneration See Vision Improve with Eylea Injections
June 18, 2013 – Another of those worries right up there near the top of the list for most senior citizens is age-related macular degeneration. There is no cure for this eye disease that is the leading cause of vision loss and blindness in older Americans. A new study, however, seems to have discovered a drug that can at least ease the vision problems.
June 18, 2013 - Senior Journal
- New Drug Could Help AMD Sufferers
University of Iowa ophthalmologists have tested a new drug to treat age-related macular degeneration in older patients. The researchers report that half of the eyes treated responded to the new drug, Eylea, with reduced fluid in the eyes, while one in three had improved vision after six months. Results appear in the American Journal of Ophthalmology.
June 18, 2013 - Newswise
- John Ensign in MarketWatch (press release)
Therapy is necessary to effectively manage and confront many age-related diseases, such as stroke, Parkinson's, and congenital heart failure,said Ensign. "Every year in the Senate we debate this issue of therapy caps, and this year needs...
- David J. Lipman in The Virtual Medical Centre
Providing this new set of AREDS data through dbGaP will benefit researchers worldwide who are investigating genetic factors in age-related macular degeneration and other conditions,said David Lipman, MD, director of the NCBI. "AREDS was...
- David Sinclair in Science Daily (press release)
Theoretically, we can envision a small molecule that can increase levels of NAD, or SIRT3 and SIRT4 directly, in the mitochondria,says Sinclair. "Such a molecule could be used for many age-related diseases."