agape : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind
- n selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications (especially love that is spiritual in nature)
- n a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship
- s with the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe
we stood there agape with wonder
with mouth agape
- On listening to his father explain sex: "I nodded up and down, my mouth agape.
- He concludes that eros and agape ultimately share a single destiny.
- Chinese tourists stand with mouths agape, unsure how to react.
News & Articles
- Tim Tebow Coming to FedExForum This Saturday
Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Tim Tebow will speak at the 15th annual HeartLight event this Saturday in the FedExForum. Christian-based, non-profit organization Agape Child & Family Services is presenting the event, which will start at 7 p.m.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 13, 2013 - The Memphis Flyer
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, June 13
LUNCH AND LEARN: 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lourie Center, 1650 Park Circle (Maxcy Gregg Park). Seniors are often more at risk in their homes than out in the world. Simple additions to a home can help limit falls and injuries and promote independence as long as possible. Emily Cummings, director of markeeting and sales for Agape Medical Mart will present “Equipment to Keep You Safe in Your Home ...
June 13, 2013 - The State
- Feeding America and Agape Food Bank Program Plans Food Giveaway
Feeding America and Agape Food Bank, a program of Catholic Charities of Central Florida, are giving away bags of food to families June 10
June 7, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Online
Let us look at Christ pierced in the cross! He is the unsurpassing revelation of God's love, a love in which eros and agape, far from being opposed, enlighten each other,Pope Benedict said.
- Herbert W Armstrong in theTrumpet.com
Mr. Armstrong wrote, "Of the three kinds of love, expressed by the three Greek words, agape, philia and eros, the natural man is capable of expressing only the last two types of love" (The Missing Dimension in Sex).
- Martin Luther King in ChristianityToday.com
King explained what the Bible's word means when facing rough realities: "Agape is disinterested love : Agape does not begin by discriminating between worthy and unworthy people, or any qualities people possess. It begins by loving others for their...