foregoing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be earlier in time; go back further
- v do without or cease to hold or adhere to
- v lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime
- s especially of writing or speech; going before
- Because Japanese women are expected to quit their jobs when they have children, a record number are foregoing marriage altogether.
- The foregoing principles help to show how hopelessly difficult it would be to reform the industrial system in such a way as to prevent it from progressively narrowing our sphere of .
- It follows from the foregoing that only an external intervention that is decisive and purposeful in its character can achieve a breakthrough to peace.
News & Articles
- Liberty's Cordell Chooses Pro Ball
LYNCHBURG - Liberty centerfielder Ryan Cordell has decided to turn pro - foregoing his final year of eligibility.
June 11, 2013 - ABC 13 Lynchburg
- No pay increases for members of Medina City Council
Medina City Council on Monday ruled out any salary increases for its members next year — a decision that will mean fewer retirement benefits for them because of changes in the state pension system. Councilman Paul Rose, at-large, said foregoing a pay raise was fine with him. “We’re here to serve the people, we’re not here ... Read More
June 11, 2013 - The Medina County Gazette
- Ehud Olmert in Reuters South Africa
Olmert said these decisions would "include foregoing the full and absolute implementation of the dreams that sustained our national ethos for many years".
- M Karunanidhi in Press Trust of India
Let us take a vow to lead the people of both states to live in unity and harmony without foregoing our rights,Karunanidhi said after Yeddyurappa unveiled the statue installed at Jeeva Park in Ayanvaram.
- Rachel Siewert in Sydney Morning Herald
This government has had eight months already to do something about pensions,Senator Rachel Siewert told AAP. "They could have funded a $30 a week increase to the single pension in this year's budget by foregoing tax cuts for people earning...