- n the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- n a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- v send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
forward my mail
- a at or near or directed toward the front
the forward section of the aircraft
a forward plunge down the stairs
- a used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty
a forward child badly in need of discipline
- a of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle
in a forward gear
- s moving forward
- r at or to or toward the front; (`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations)
he faced forward
- r forward in time or order or degree
- r toward the future; forward in time
I look forward to seeing you
- r in a forward direction
they went slowly forward in the mud
- r near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments
- Volunteers are stepping forward as never before.
- But: Clinton tells voters in Rapid City, South Dakota Monday that they "will have a big influence on what people think going forward.
- Einstein proved we can travel forward by moving near light speed.
- Larry King in AFP
But it didn't work. They passed the ball very well, they made us work very hard in the defence. When we finally won the ball, we were too tired to move quickly forward. They have been playing together for several years, they are very cohesive,... Miroslav Klose http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Klose&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQnZPQ8EXaz7srP3ErgByniQMUSg The Canadian Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gyzXtNEFylUEqy5tjU_XBdKBNrdQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1GWoyCt2_rp_sqgSyrYOqk24MBQ Jul 7, 2010
39424 50630 forward With this chapter closing I'm looking forward to the future and what my next chapter will bring, but for now it's time to hang up my nightly suspenders," he said, referring to his trademark attire.
- Richard Clark in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
Today's announcement is another important step as we integrate out global operations and move forward with Merck's strategic priorities,Chief Executive Officer Richard Clark said. "These changes are crucial to drive future growth."