- n an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
- v enhance by contrast
- v hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- v cover or back with foil
- If it turns out to be true, the authorities did an excellent job foiling a plot before it happened.
- As the bombings in Saudi Arabia last week revealed, foiling such plots could be very difficult.
- PepsiCo, which owns Sierra Mist, says the commercial, which started airing in February, conveniently ended its official run on Sunday three days before the foiling of the .
News & Articles
- NSA Surveillance Played Little Role in Foiling Terror Plots, Experts Say
Lawyers and intelligence experts with direct knowledge of two intercepted terrorist plots that the Obama administration says confirm the value of the NSA's vast data-mining activities have questioned whether the surveillance sweeps played a significant role, if any, in foiling the attacks. read more
June 12, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- Is Kawhi Leonard Proving He's The LeBron James Stopper In 2013 Finals?
Kawhi Leonard has done a masterful job on LeBron James during the NBA Finals , just not enough to be treasured as a "LeBron James stopper." Anyone who watched Leonard during the regular season isn't surprised by his stout defensive sets— defense is what he does. He can score, dish and rebound as well, but foiling opponents' best scorers is what he does best. Tony Parker (when healthy), Tim ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Lawmakers call for new debate on Patriot Act
An outspoken critic of the government's electronic surveillance programs, U.S. Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado said Sunday he was not convinced that a program to collect huge amounts of information about Americans' phone calls had led to the foiling of any terror plots.
June 10, 2013 - Denver Post
- President Bush in ABC Online
I'm pleased to say that this agreement preserves the single most potent tool we have in protecting America and foiling terrorist attacks, and that is the CIA program to question the world's most dangerous terrorists and to get their secrets,...
- Ahmad Fatfat in AFP
It is a coup d'etat, it is clearly aimed at planting discord and foiling all attempts to resolvethe crisis, Sports and Youth Minister Ahmad Fatfat told AFP.
- Omar al-Bashir in NEWS.com.au
Our enemies are trying to destabilise us but we are capable of foiling their plot,said Mr Beshir, who also reiterated Khartoum's support for Iran's nuclear program, which the West is concerned will be used to manufacture weapons.