folate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a B vitamin that is essential for cell growth and reproduction
- Spinach is loaded with iron and folate, a B vitamin considered so important that it is now routinely added to flour.
- Plenty of folate in the blood would thus mean less chance of stroke - and might even protect brain cells from damage by homocysteine .
- Then the Food and Drug Administration said Vegemite was not banned, because the folate in it was the not-banned sort of folate or something.
- Annette King in New Zealand Herald
New Zealand women do not get enough natural folate in the diet to prevent a large number of babies being born with devastating neural tube defects, the most common of which are spina bifida and hydrocephalus,Ms King said.
- Hongjie Dai in Innovations-Report
Folate is just an experimental model that we used,Dai says. "In reality, there are more interesting ways we can do this. For example, we can attach an antibody to a carbon nanotube to target a particular kind of cancer cell."
- Fiona Stanley in Sydney Morning Herald
Their decision will ensure that many more women get enough folate to protect their babies from devastating neural tube defects such as spina bifida,said Perth child health expert Professor Fiona Stanley. "Mandatory fortification is a...