- n droplets of water vapor suspended in the air near the ground
- n an atmosphere in which visibility is reduced because of a cloud of some substance
- n confusion characterized by lack of clarity
- v make less visible or unclear
- During the winters of 1897, 1902, 1911 and last week Belgians experienced the dread phenomenon of "poison fog.
- Trippers on the Furness liner Queen of Bermuda last week were treated to a demonstration of a new aid to marinersa device which pierces fog and darkness to tell the navigator .
- Along Long Island's Jones Beach rolled a truck, laying a curtain of thick white fog like a smoke screen.
News & Articles
- Karl The Fog Explains How It Got the Gig as San Francisco's Fog
It seems San Francisco's fog is even more shrouded in mystery after it penned its family history. The physical fog rolls into the city for boring, scientific reasons, but mainly because of adv...
June 15, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- Sunny Saturday after light morning fog, high of 78
After patchy fog in the morning, Napa-area skies will gradually turn sunny after 11 a.m. as the temperature reaches a high of 78 degrees at Napa County Airport, the National Weather Service forecasts. The overnight low forecast is 48, under increasing nighttime clouds and more light fog after 11 p.m.
June 15, 2013 - Napa Valley Register
- Fog at Wrigley, U.S. Cellular creates eerie scene
Fog is an interesting phenomenon. A collection of water droplets suspended near the ground, the weather condition is comparable to a low-lying stratus cloud. The spooky sight caused quite a scene at not one but two Major League ballparks Monday … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - Yahoo! Sports Minute via Yahoo! Sports
- Roger Maltbie in The Associated Press
Fog will be the players' friend,said Roger Maltbie, a Pebble regular who now works for NBC Sports. "If we get sunny conditions with a bit of breeze, this will be a great championship. And I'd be very surprised if anyone breaks par."
- Avery Johnson in International Herald Tribune
I think we were a little bit in a fog against the Rockets, but now that we know he's not coming back right now, hopefully guys won't look to the locker room,coach Avery Johnson said. "There's no Dirk coming out of a phone booth or...
- Jim Whitaker in Guardian Unlimited
It can turn into an Everest when you get those high winds and snow,said Whittaker, speaking from his home in Port Townsend, Wash. "You get knocked over by the wind. Your goggles fog up. You can't even travel."