mist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thin fog with condensation near the ground
- v become covered with mist
The windshield misted over
- v make less visible or unclear
- v spray finely or cover with mist
- Once more Cairo diffused through its screen of censorship a rosy mist of optimism-the same color as that which preceded the mist-shattering fall of Tobruk.
- From Capitol Hill committee rooms and economists' computers came the same insistent message.
News & Articles
- Grow Wisconsin Dairy 30×20 grants awarded to 44 dairies
The future of the Wisconsin dairy industry is strong because of farms like Royal-Mist Holsteins in Loyal, Wis. Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) Secretary Ben Brancel announced that Royal-Mist Holsteins is one of the 44 recipients of the Grow Wisconsin Dairy 30×20 grants.
June 11, 2013 - Dairy Herd
- Preservationists seek to block construction of Maid of the Mist dock
NIAGARA FALLS – Construction on the Maid of the Mist’s new boat dock and storage facility in the Niagara Gorge went on in the rain Monday, while the fight to halt the work is continuing in court.
June 10, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Mist Flavors Set to Launch in United States this summer
LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The makers of Canadian Mist announce the release of Mist Flavors in the United States. Launching in 14 markets beginning in June, the three products – Peach ...
June 5, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Martin McGuinness in Belfast Telegraph
Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said: "The DUP mist decide who is going to lead it. If they have decided that they wish Peter Robinson to continue to lead them I as deputy First Minister will work with the party that has the mandate to...
- Howard Morrison in New Zealand Herald
Temuera Morrison said a number of Ohinemutu residents had noted that a "funny kind of surreal mist" had been hanging over the village at the time of Sir Howard's passing. "Maybe he hopped on that, crossed the waters (of Lake Rotorua) and...
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
But I soon realized it wasn't going to be easy. How do you come up with something funny about 'Gorillas in the Mist'? Luckily, I had recently purchased an animatronic monkey head. I'm serious. I had to stop renting movies because the late fees... Dana Carvey http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Carvey&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGh_FB3x1eBoT6FlmKBSSnNiTyf2Q CNNMoney.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQM07308102007-1.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFFsX554p2ARa_dXkCXoI64a4i6zw Oct 7, 2007
64327 85557 mistake Make no mistake," he said, "we will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long it takes. We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people...