- v praise somewhat dishonestly
- s having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another
- s having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness
- s not modified or restricted by reservations
- s stretched out and lying at full length along the ground
- a lacking contrast or shading between tones
- a (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone
- s flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
- s lacking taste or flavor or tang
- s lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting
- s having lost effervescence
- s sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch
- s horizontally level
- s lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth
- s not reflecting light; not glossy
- s commercially inactive
- flatter people behind their back First, you'll never be suspected of being a slimy little weasel.
- And in the same years that abstraction was getting thinner and flatter, Pop gave artists a way to reintroduce the recognizable imagery that Greenberg thought was hopelessly retro.
- The answer is, with softer, flatter bullets, beanbags and sponges that spread out the impact and hit like an open-handed slap from Andre the Giant.
News & Articles
- iOS 7 and the rebirth of iPhone
WWDC didn’t give us a new iPhone, or a Retina iPad mini, but it gave us something far more important: a glimpse of the future of iOS. Opinions on iOS 7 are wildly divided, some iPhone users already converts to the lighter, flatter interface; others shocked by the changes; Android and Windows Phone fans quick Read The Full Story
June 12, 2013 - SlashGear
- There's A Tumblr Showing How Apple Designer Jony Ive Would Butcher Popular Logos And Icons
Apple just overhauled its operating system for iPads and iPhones, iOS, with a whole new look. Not everyone loves it. Named after Apple's lead designer, it features popular logos and icons redesigned to be flatter and rainbow-infused – the way Ive redesigned iOS.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Apple Launches a Sleek & Feature-Packed iOS 7
Apple unveiled the flatter and cleaner UI to their mobile OS today, but iOS 7 will also include new features ranging from a Control Panel to a new voice for Siri, and much more.
June 11, 2013 - Brighthand
- Charles Clarke in ic Wales
We should finish with 'dog whistle' language, such as 'British jobs for British workers', which flatter some of the most chauvinistic and backward-looking parts of British society,Mr Clarke said. "We should suspend the black arts of...
- Luke Donald in SI.com
At Mirasol, the challenge was around the greens. Here, the challenge is off the tee,defending Honda champion Luke Donald said. "You have to drive it very well. The fairways are more narrow than Mirasol, but the greens are much flatter and...
- Andrew Strauss in Reuters UK
My personal opinion is no. That wicket remained incredibly flat throughout the game, if anything it was probably flatter on the final day than any other days,Strauss told reporters. "As cricketers you want to see a wicket that deteriorates...