flashing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a short vivid experience
the flashings of pain were a warning
- n sheet metal shaped and attached to a roof for strength and weatherproofing
- v gleam or glow intermittently
The lights were flashing
- v appear briefly
- v display proudly; act ostentatiously or pretentiously
- v make known or cause to appear with great speed
- v run or move very quickly or hastily
- v expose or show briefly
- v protect by covering with a thin sheet of metal
- v emit a brief burst of light
- Having spent the first half of the series flashing back to the characters' pre-island lives, season 4 started flashing forward, revealing tantalizing glimpses of the post-Island .
- On her site, phrases flashing across the screen state: "It's day night.
- When you see a flashing yellow flashing light, you know the buttons are locked.
News & Articles
- More than 100 students graduate Lakeland High School
SCOTT TWP. - With cameras flashing, about 110 students filed under a red and blue balloon archway and onto the auditorium's stage, waving to the crowd as they soaked in their final moments as Lakeland High School seniors. Friends, family members and scho
June 14, 2013 - The Scranton Times-Tribune
- EMS officials find solutions to help '911 abusers'
Every time an city ambulance rushes past with lights flashing and siren screaming, there's good chance there's no emergency.
June 13, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- Flashing Yellow Lights Get Drivers' Approval in Columbia
COLUMBIA - After three years of operation at busy Columbia intersections, drivers have grown to accept the flashing yellow left turn signals meant to make the intersections safer.
June 8, 2013 - KOMU Columbia
- Robin Wright Penn in msnbc.com
I hit that crossroad a while ago,Wright Penn said. "For (me), the 'I know what I don't want' was flashing neon lights."
- Muttiah Muralitharan in AFP
There were just these images of life flashing through my mind -- all the while bullets were being sprayed at our bus, people around me were shouting,spin maestro Muttiah Muralitharan recalled.
- Patrick Crayton in International Herald Tribune
He's been given so many warnings, plus the rule was put in place for him,Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton said. "That'd be a red light flashing in my head."