fetching : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v go or come after and bring or take back
- v be sold for a certain price
- v take away or remove
- s very attractive; capturing interest
a fetching new hairstyle
- High schoolers as young as 16 are providing services to science labs, hospitals and high tech companies and not just of the coffee-fetching kind.
- Said police: brunette Elizabeth Ann Roberts, Hefner's pert Miss Playmate for January, was not a fetching college freshman of 18, as reported in Playboy, but a fetching high .
- Over the past two years, as high-rise fever spread across town, prices for the luxury apartments ballooned, fetching as much as $500 to $1,000 a square footor up to $1.
News & Articles
- West Seattle and beyond, Apple “kill switch” might reduce iProduct robberies
Just as Apple products prove irresistible to many consumers, they have a similar draw for would-be robbers by easily fetching hundreds of dollars on the black market. As Seattle Police Lt. Daniel Whalen discussed with the West Seattle Crime Prevention Council in April of this year, robberies on West Seattle soil are predominantly targeting those exhibiting an Apple device, be it an iPhone, iPod ...
June 12, 2013 - West Seattle Herald
- Light Reading Mobile – Telecom News, Analysis, Events, and Research
Nortel Networks Ltd. is reportedly inching closer to fetching a $800 million "stalking horse" bid for its VoIP business, and one analyst continues to view Sonus Networks Inc.
June 12, 2013 - Light Reading
- Federal Judge Says Interns Should Be Paid
An anonymous reader writes "Student interns are typically relegated to menial tasks like fetching coffee and taking out the trash, the idea being that they get paid in experience instead of money. On Tuesday, Manhattan Federal District Court Judge William H. Pauley disagreed, ruling in favor of two interns who sued Fox Searchlight Pictures to be paid for their work on the 2010 film Black Swan ...
June 12, 2013 - Slashdot
- Ann M Veneman in Inter Press Service
Simple everyday tasks like gathering water, fetching water, expose these women and children to a great danger,Veneman told reporters Wednesday.
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge in ESPN
We had a very informative chat,said club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge upon leaving the hotel. "It is not about fetching the player this winter. We are talking about next summer. There are still a few things to clear up and the player...
- Christina Hendricks in International Business Times Australia
There are better words than beautiful. Radiant, for instance. It's an underused word. It's a very special word. 'You are radiant.' Also, enchanting, smoldering, intoxicating, charming, fetching,explained Hendricks.