- v make believe with the intent to deceive
He feigned that he was ill
- v make a pretence of
he feigned sleep
- s not genuine
- With Anglicized names and feigned Western accents, Indians handle credit card problems and troubleshoot computers, collect debts and conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- I do not believe any of these people who feigned alarm truly believed Obama was going to make a PUBLIC speech with a view to indoctrinating anybody.
- By the time the day of the meeting rolled around, the French press was reporting that the Dalai Lama had become so disgusted at Sarkozy's cave-in that the Tibetan leader feigned an .
News & Articles
- What Makes a Community Distro?
FOSS Force: Ms Hall feigned surprise right back, while asserting Ubuntu to never having been a community Linux distro, despite Mr. Shuttleworth and Canonical calling it so.
June 11, 2013 - Linux Today
- Bush-Era Spying 'Made Legal' Under Obama
Despite feigned outrage over the use of "illegal" surveillance techniques employed under the Bush administration, in the follow up to this week's news of a massive government surveillance system , revelations have come forth regarding President Obama's role in not only the expansion of existing surveillance methods but also of the codification of laws that permit the violation of Americans ...
June 9, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- NBA Legend Bill Laimbeer Hunts His Own Food and Grabs Dinner With Isiah Thomas
Dinner with friends at Da Andrea. Former Detroit Pistons center Bill Laimbeer (member of the famed Bad Boys squad) is largely considered one of the dirtiest athletes in the history of professional basketball: He threw elbows, feigned fouls, talked trash, and pissed off basically everyone outside of Michigan. Now, though, he's in his first season as head coach and general manager of the WNBA's ...
June 7, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Koichi Nakano in Washington Post
In the end, of the three individuals who were to be the key witnesses in the Air India trial, one was murdered before the trial began, one feigned memory loss because she was too frightened to testify, and one was forced to enter the Witness... John Major http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Major&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGvIY2_ELypZ3R74DUib1jsfB-Hng Ottawa Citizen http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Saga%2Bends%2Bfamilies%2Blost%2Bloved%2Bones/3169317/story.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFEb0ETPMEVUOX4nCk3D9efdqhIfQ Jun 18, 2010
36880 47614 feigned Since the feudal era, generals have feigned sickness when in fact they just lost it," said Koichi Nakano, political scientist at Sophia University.
- Shoaib Akhtar in CricInfo.com
Woolmer thought I feigned injury which led to our altercation,Shoaib told reporters in Lahore. "I apologised to Woolmer and he also said a few soft words with me and the matter was closed. Whenever someone doubts my commitment my soul gets...