feeler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of a pair of mobile appendages on the head of e.g. insects and crustaceans; typically sensitive to touch and taste
- n a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others
- n sensitivity similar to that of a receptor organ
- n slender tactile process on the jaws of a fish
- When Melhem's bosses in Dubai got a feeler from the White House on Sunday, it seemed that al-Arabiya was about to get an exclusive interview not with Obama but with new Middle East .
- Al-Arabiya AP When Melhem's bosses in Dubai got a feeler from the White House on Sunday, it seemed that al-Arabiya was about to get an exclusive interview not with Obama but with .
- Every male who makes an appearance in Oates' 328 pages of female-empowerment myth is a slimy, sweating, smelly brute, a rapist, a feeler, a hitter, a fascist.
News & Articles
- Janusz Lewandowski; Polish envoy led early peace effort in Vietnam
NEW YORK — The Vietnam War was raging with no end in sight in June 1966 when President Lyndon B. Johnson was told of a bold diplomatic peace offensive in the works called Operation Marigold. In comments caught on tape in the Oval Office, he called it “the most realistic, the most convincing, the most persuasive peace feeler I’ve had since I’ve been president.”
Sept. 4, 2013 - Boston.com
- RHS softball tops Helias in extra innings
Feeler's bases-loaded, walk-off single is winning blow.
Aug. 31, 2013 - Rolla Daily News
- Robert Hass in MSNBC
He was "a witness to crucial and terrible events of the 20th century, and an original and contrary thinker -- and feeler -- about them," said Robert Hass, a University of California at Berkeley professor who translated Milosz's poetry.
- Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali in CTV.ca
Naturally when one gets some hint about (a plot) or one gets a feeler or is informed directly or indirectly, I think this high alert is a must,Jamali said.
- Vaden Todd Lewis in Plug In music
Toadies front man, Vaden Todd Lewis says of the decision: "We can't help but feel a bit of redemption releasing 'Feeler' 12 years after Interscope decided it wasn't good enough and shelved it. We always thought it was going to be a good Toadies...