- a acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly
- a (used of timepieces) indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time
- a at a rapid tempo
- s (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds
- s resistant to destruction or fading
- s unrestrained by convention or morality
- s hurried and brief
- s securely fixed in place
- s unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
- s (of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time
- r most quickly
- From the moment she first sped down the track of Rome's Olympic Stadium, there was no doubt that she was the fastest woman the world had ever seen.
- Before the Earth Simulator arrived, the fastest computer in the world was an American military machine that can perform 7.
- It won't have to look further than the fastest growing segment of the sport, female golfers.
News & Articles
- 10 Fastest Growing Industries in America
By Dan Fastenberg For years now, agriculture and manufacturing have been stalling, while service sectors have been adding jobs. And that shift will be "cemented" by 2020, according to Nicole Smith, a senior economist at the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce. Smith is a co-author of a new study that identifies the fastest-growing industries and projects that the top five ...
June 26, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- SKorea mobile network touted as world's fastest
SKorea mobile network touted as world's fastest Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:59 am, Wednesday, June 26, 2013 SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea's largest mobile operator is this week launching what it says is the world's fastest wireless network. South Korea has ...
June 26, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- One of the fastest growing network marketing companies taps industry leader as new company head
HOUSTON, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nucerity International, one of the world's fastest growing network marketing companies, has announced Jeff Graham as its new president and CEO. Graham's immediate ...
June 25, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in AFP
The 30,000 additional troops that I am announcing tonight will deploy in the first part of 2010 -- the fastest pace possible,Obama said, in advance excerpts of the speech at the US Military Academy at West Point, New York.
- Simon Cowell in Toronto Star
In Britain's Got Talent she opened her mouth and the world fell in love with her, which is why her album has been the fastest selling of any woman making her debut,Cowell said.
- Mitch McConnell in The Associated Press
The two things that are growing fastest in this Democrat economy are the size of the federal government and the crushing burden of the national debt,said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, who led opposition to the extension.