faster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly
- a (used of timepieces) indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time
- a at a rapid tempo
- s (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds
grass courts are faster than clay
- s resistant to destruction or fading
- s unrestrained by convention or morality
- s hurried and brief
- s securely fixed in place
- s unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
- s (of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time
- r more quickly
- Two daredevil, not-so-young Britons flew faster last week than men had ever flown before in level flight.
- Last year the aviation industry was busy building planes to fly airline passengers faster than they had ever been flown before.
- He combined these strains into what he describes as a "superbug" that can eat oil faster than any one of the four can individually.
News & Articles
- U.S. factory orders rise faster than expected in May
U.S. factory orders rise faster than expected in May
July 2, 2013 - Market Watch
- Women Hit Hard in Rising Toll From Painkiller Overdoses
Prescription painkiller addiction, long seen as mainly a man’s problem, is rising at a far faster rate among women, a federal analysis of data found.
July 2, 2013 - New York Times
- Telefonica in fiber optic deal with Vodafone, Orange in Spain
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's biggest telecoms company Telefonica signed an agreement with rivals Vodafone and Orange on Tuesday, granting them access to its fiber optic network to roll out faster broadband for customers. Vodafone and Orange will make a one-off payments on individual installations to share them for no less than 20 years and Spain's telecoms regulator CMT will set prices, the three ...
July 2, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
Clinton said, however, "We have noticed that the pirates are buying more and more sophisticated equipment. They're buying faster and more capable vessels. They are clearly using their ransom money for their benefit, both personally and on behalf of...
- Andy Pettitte in BBC News
I accept responsibility for those two days. If what I did was an error in judgment, I apologise,Pettitte said. "I was on the disabled list, and I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow. I felt an...
- Dana Perino in ABC News
We're continuing to have conversations with members of Congress, and we're open to ideas that they would put forward ...... that would stimulate the economy and help us pull out of this downturn faster,White House press secretary Dana Perino...