- n a deliberately false or improbable account
- n a short moral story (often with animal characters)
- n a story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
- Never Let Me Go: It's an existential fable about people trying to wring some happiness out of life before the lights go out.
- Before she was murdered, the actress starred in and directed Waitress, a quirky slice-of-life fable that's both funny and sentimental.
- Meyssan defiantly dismisses the universally accepted version of the 911 tragedy as "a loony fable" patched together by the White House and the Defense Department "as one lie .
- Ron Shelton in Washington Post
It was such a completed fable that it was hard to go back,Shelton said. "I couldn't figure out in the few years right after it came out, what do you do? Nuke's in the big leagues, Crash is managing in Visalia. Is Annie going to go to...
- Peter Molyneux in Game Guru (blog)
There's some very, very big things happening in Fable; bigger than you think,says Molyneux.
- Thomas Jefferson in Political Affairs Magazine
The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus,wrote Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, "by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of...