fabric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent
- n the underlying structure
it is part of the fabric of society
- What is the most vital source of inspiration for fashion designers? If you ask Miuccia Prada, fabric is the key to shaping future silhouettes.
- GREEN SLEEVES: For Australia-based fashion house Bird, a fabric?s origins are as important as its look.
- Coco introduced the tricot sailor frock and the pullover sweater, unearthed wool jersey from its longtime service as underwear fabric and put it to use in soft, clinging dresses.
News & Articles
- BMW Smart Fabric Technology, Yup Just as It Sounds the Fabric Is Now Computerized
BMW’s Head of Interior Design, Marc Girard gave us an exclusive demo of the innovative fabric that with a swipe of your fingers transfers the information displayed on the LCD screen built into the passenger’s dashboard onto the driver’s 3D Head-Up Display.
June 9, 2013 - Auto Spies
- Sewing the fabric of her life
It is difficult to discern when the love of fabric begins. Perhaps it starts when a toddler notices sheer curtains that seem to play as a summer breeze lifts and drops them.
June 8, 2013 - Napa Valley Register
- Fabric the go-to answer for quick room updates
When you get the urge to rejuvenate your rooms — be it summer or any other season — fabric lets you do just that. Brad Foltyn, who co-owns Fabric Warehouse in Warren, shares some tips to get you started.
June 7, 2013 - Detroit News
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
McCain said the group could be on the verge of "destroying the fabric of democracy."
- Bruce Springsteen in USA Today
Critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships,Springsteen wrote. "While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric...