- n the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
coal is a hard black material
- n information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography
- n artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
she measured off enough material for a dress
- n things needed for doing or making something
useful teaching materials
- n a person judged suitable for admission or employment
he was university material
she was vice-presidential material
- s concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests
- a derived from or composed of matter
the material universe
- a directly relevant to a matter especially a law case
his support made a material difference
evidence material to the issue at hand
facts likely to influence the judgment are called material facts
a material witness
- s concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being
the moral and material welfare of all good citizens"- T.Roosevelt
- a having material or physical form or substance
- a having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary
- A federal appeals court ruled that former Attorney General John Ashcroft can be held liable for people who were wrongfully detained as material witnesses after 911.
- Du Pont salesmen have taken samples of their material to more than 100 shoe manufacturing plants, have found shoemakers so interested in the new material, says a Du Pont executive .
- Material was obtained during the execution of those warrants, that material is now being analyzed, and we'll see what develops from the analaysis.
News & Articles
- Paris Hilton: Material Possessions Aren’t Important To Me
Paris Hilton lives in a gated community, inside a mansion filled with portraits of herself, with a pink Bentley in the driveway that has an interior literally encrusted with diamonds. But she says material things aren’t important to her. The socialite-turned-reality-star has lived what anyone would say is a sheltered life. Growing up as the [...] Paris Hilton: Material Possessions Aren’t ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- SJF Material Handling Named "100 Best" by Minnesota Business Magazine
SJF Material Handling Inc. in Winsted, Mn. is named one of Minnesota’s “100 Best Companies to Work for” in 2013. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10824276.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Global and China Superhard Material and Product Industry Report, 2012-2015
NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Global and China Superhard Material and Product Industry Report, 2012-2015 ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- President Bush in ABC News
This begins with addressing Iran and Syria. These two regimes are allowing terrorists and insurgents to use their territory to move in and out of Iraq. Iran is providing material support for attacks on American troops,Bush said. "We will...
- Barack Obama in Manila Bulletin
In his opening remarks at the opening of the summit, Obama said "the risk of nuclear attack has gone up," noting that "terrorist networks such as al-Qaida have tried to acquire the material for a nuclear weapon, and if they ever succeeded,...
- David S. Kris in Toronto Star
Today's indictment, which alleges that a woman from suburban America agreed to carry out murder overseas and to provide material support to terrorists, underscores the evolving nature of the threat we face,said David Kris, assistant attorney...