- n the face or front of a building
- n a showy misrepresentation intended to conceal something unpleasant
- He climbed trees, rain spouts, a snake charmer's rope, a church facade.
- To them, that gracious smile was merely the facade of a twisted, troubled personality.
- Fastow and his team "were all caught up in the facade of greatness.
News & Articles
- Crumbling facade closes part of Fisher Street
SALISBURY - Part of East Fisher Street was closed Friday after inspectors said Benchwarmers' brick facade could be in danger of collapsing.
June 15, 2013 - The Salisbury Post
- Bids sought to repair Wheeling venues facade
WHEELING, W.Va. -- The Wheeling National Heritage Area Corp. is seeking bids to repair the facade of the historic Capitol Theatre.Executive director Jeremy Morris expects the project to begin in August.Morris tells The Intelligencer and Wheeling News Regis...
June 13, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Brick facade of building buckles
POTRLAND (AP) — A section of one of Portland’s busiest streets is closed after the brick facade of a downtown building pulled away from the main structure and bulged out. Authorities say High Street between Congress and Deering streets will remain closed until today. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Times Record
- Gordon Brown in guardian.co.uk
The facade of her prosecution is made more monstrous because its real objective is to sever her bond with the people for whom she is a beacon of hope and resistance,Brown said.
- Brad Pitt in Washington Post
Since I don't look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good. I feel so much [prettier] with short hair. I wanted to reach inside me and feel better. I don't want to hide behind a facade of... Serena Williams http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serena_Williams&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGVA3VUSaDHe8yc4B6ZuLl2UZv54A Softpedia http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.softpedia.com/news/Serena-Williams-Talks-Being-Different-Refusal-to-Diet-146289.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFn3oYgH9Rywdq4zqVf97SFH4pLNw Jul 5, 2010
35882 45344 facade I liked the themes of fame, the obsession with fame. The idea of the Jesse James character being trapped behind a facade and not knowing how to get out," said Pitt, who plays James in the last year of his life as he lapses into paranoia over...