- n a short moral story (often with animal characters)
- n (New Testament) any of the stories told by Jesus to convey his religious message
the parable of the prodigal son
- Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter do their best to resist (with mixed results) in this parable about McCarthyism, which remains a suspenseful (and still relevant) icon of its era.
- The parable of Imelda's shoes has something to teach.
- In the initial shock, the death of basketball star Reggie Lewis last week seemed a grim parable of the seductive power of professional sports -- of an athlete so devoted to a game .
News & Articles
- And you can take these conclusions to the bank
Today's sermon is called "The Parable of the Coins." It begins with a statement of fact, followed by a contradiction. Everyone has a price. But that's not true, because we can't put a price on people. In fact, people are priceless. Let me tell you about my wretched coin collection.
June 12, 2013 - San Bernardino Sun
- Tim Tebow and Patriots, an unholy alliance? Well, it could work
The NFL's most devout figure has joined its most Machiavellian organization. A strange fit, sure, but they might be just the team to bring the best out of him. Rich in parable, rife with prophesy, it is a transaction of biblical proportions.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Video: Three talks exploring creativity in game design
The Stanley Parable's Davey Wreden, Spelunky XBLA's Andy Hull, and Loot Drop designer James Lantz offer unique lessons to expand creative game design. ...
June 11, 2013 - Gamasutra
- Chris Dodd in Washington Post
It should be far more than just a parable of personal growth and maturation. This was about an issue that was critically important to the county,Dodd said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It was a major effort that failed. There...
- Kenyon Coleman in International Herald Tribune
It has been tough, but it's football, man,Coleman said. "It's up, it's down and it's just really a parable of life. That's what football is. You can't get too high and you can't get too low. You've just got to do what you do and keep...
- Guillermo del Toro in Macon Telegraph
I'm not proselytizing anything about a lion resurrecting. I'm not trying to sell you into a point. I'm just doing a little parable about disobedience and choice,del Toro said. "This is my version of that universe, not only `Narnia,' but...