legend : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
- n brief description accompanying an illustration
- An old explorer's legend cropped up again last weekthe "Abominable Snowmen" of the Himalayas.
- A radio legend dies at 90, still talking up a storm .
- During his brutal reign as Iraq's dictator, Saddam Hussein created around himself a legend of physical and political prowess.
- Pete Sampras in Bloomberg
He's a legend and now he's an icon,Sampras, who sat in the Royal Box alongside other former champions, told the British Broadcasting Corp. in a courtside interview. "He's a stud. He's only 27. If he keeps it going and stays healthy, he...
- Keith Richards in Washington Post
I liked the living legend, that was all right, but immortal is even better,Richards said in an interview before accepting his award.
- Shia LaBeouf in E! Online
The way that thing started, it's just wild how it snowballed,the 20-year-old LaBeouf told the Associated Press Thursday. "I don't have a deal on the table, it's jut a rumor. Would I do it? In a second. It'd be working for a legend and...