legging : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a garment covering the leg (usually extending from the knee to the ankle)
- Lustily sang the new peasant Deputies and Senators, clad in immaculate white homespun blouses and white legging trousers.
- Lyons has been legging it for 35 years.
- But an opaque legging accomplishes the cover-up nicely.
News & Articles
- Hamstring halts hot Stephen Drew
BOSTON - Just when he looked like he might be heating up for good, Stephen Drew came up lame. He suffered a hamstring injury while legging out a double in the fourth inning and had to be replaced by pinch runner Brandon Snyder. It was Drew's second extra-base hit of the night, coming two innings after a triple.
June 29, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Carl Crawford injury: Dodgers OF to begin rehab assignment Sunday
Crawford was placed on the disabled list on June 2 after straining his left hamstring the day before while legging out a double against the Rockies . According to Gurnick and Laymance, the Dodgers plan to have Crawford make two starts in the minors at DH and two in the field before returning him to major league action.
June 29, 2013 - Philly.com
- Day 5 Of The China-Open-Precious-Metals-Smackdown
Deja Deja Deja Deja Deja Vu... Gold (and silver) are legging lower once again as China's markets open. Spot gold just hit $1180 (down 2.5% from post-US-close highs). Given the state of the short-term funding markets in China, it seems possible that banks are liquidating any- and every-thing to realize cash (copper is also suffering modestly here at the open). In other news... Japanese stocks ...
June 28, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Bruce Bochy in San Francisco Chronicle
That was the fastest home-run trot I have ever seen,Bochy said. "It looked like he was legging out an inside-the-parker."
- Wen Jiabao in Xinhua
I want to make it here clear that the financing problem legging the Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao bridge project has already been resolved,said Wen.