legionary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a soldier who is a member of a legion (especially the French Foreign Legion)
- Clenched like a fist around his grief at the loss of his daughter, he soldiers on, like a Roman legionary with a death wish the size of a Volkswagen on his shoulder.
- As a legionary, Veterans' Administrator Hines, addressing the convention, tried to make it see error in its ways.
- At first, each Roman legionary received a daily allowance of salt; later this was paid in "money to buy salt" (salarium), from which the modern word "salary" is derived.
News & Articles
- Son of Rome Video Game Still - H 2013
This glory-of-Ancient-Rome adventure game, one of the Xbox One's launch titles, is a wonder to behold. The thing that knocked me out, when I first sat down to play the Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome , was that not only could I see the teeth inside the mouth of a fellow Roman legionary as he spoke to me, but that those teeth were dirty. Launch titles for new consoles can be hit or miss ...
Nov. 21, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter