escaped : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v run away from confinement
The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison
- v fail to experience
- v escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action
- v be incomprehensible to; escape understanding by
- v remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion
We escaped to our summer house for a few days
- v flee; take to one's heels; cut and run
The burglars escaped before the police showed up
- v issue or leak, as from a small opening
Gas escaped into the bedroom
- s having escaped, especially from confinement
searching for two escaped prisoners
- A complete curfew was imposed on the city of 250,000 after the prisoners escaped at around 11:15 p.
- His demagogic appeal to immoderation, to excess and to simplifying hate? They spoke of his intuitive powers and his "luck" (he escaped several attempts on his life).
- Some people have picked up the virus from a single sexual encounter, while others have escaped despite hundreds of sexual exposures to an infected spouse.
News & Articles
- Escaped horses cause havoc on Miami streets
Horses were roaming the streets of Miami Monday, causing traffic delays and diversions as authorities attempted to corral them. The horses were being followed by people on foot, in trucks and in a police cruiser. Someone feeding the horses on a nearby ranch left the gate open and the animals escaped. The owner eventually got them all back safely on his property.
June 11, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Escaped inmate tracked down at Knox County gas station
An inmate that escaped a work detail in Bledsoe County was captured in Knox County Monday morning.
June 10, 2013 - WATE 6 Knoxville
- An escaped inmate from Iowa caught walking around McAlester naked
An escaped inmate from Iowa was picked up by McAlester police after he was reported to be walking around town naked.
June 10, 2013 - McAlester News-Capital
- Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi in New Zealand Herald
Thankfully the alarm sounded on the radio and gave people time to climb to higher ground. But not everyone escaped,said Prime Minister Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi, adding that two children en route to hospital were swept away.
- Ahmed Ressam in News1130
I have escaped my words, finally,Ressam said. "Sentence me to life in prison or anything you wish. I will have no objection to your sentence. Thank you."
- Phil Mickelson in The Associated Press
I don't feel like I got myself out of trouble. I put myself in trouble a lot and maybe I escaped a little bit,Mickelson said. "It still got me."