drove : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a group of animals (a herd or flock) moving together
- n a moving crowd
- n a stonemason's chisel with a broad edge for dressing stone
- v operate or control a vehicle
- v travel or be transported in a vehicle
We drove to the university every morning
- v cause someone or something to move by driving
She drove me to school every day
We drove the car to the garage
- v force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically
- v to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly
- v cause to move back by force or influence
- v compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment
She finally drove him to change jobs
- v push, propel, or press with force
- v cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force
- v strive and make an effort to reach a goal
- v move into a desired direction of discourse
- v have certain properties when driven
- v work as a driver
- v move by being propelled by a force
The car drove around the corner
- v urge forward
- v proceed along in a vehicle
- v strike with a driver, as in teeing off
- v hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally
- v excavate horizontally
- v cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling
- v hunting: search for game
- v hunting: chase from cover into more open ground
- So he drove me to the station and that's when he paid me.
- Certainly he bickered occasionally with his neighbors, drove too aggressively over the hilly highways between his Loganton home and the mill, and sometimes fretted about the job .
- Though Andrea's condition seemed to be worsening two days before the drownings, when her husband drove her to Saeed's office, Rusty testified, the doctor refused to try Haldol .
News & Articles
- Man drove into pedestrian, police car, GPD says
A man parked at a gas station intentionally drove into a pedestrian and knocked him over before fleeing and later crashing into a police car, according to a Gainesville Police report.
June 13, 2013 - The Gainesville Sun
- Police: UPMC guard drove others to drug deal
A guard for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center has been arrested on drug charges after suburban police say he drove three others to a drug transaction and was found with heroin paraphernalia.
June 13, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- I drove a Mercedes GL63 AMG 1,000 miles over the last week.
I drove a Mercedes GL63 AMG 1,000 miles over the last week. More on the whole trip soon, but what do you think the average MPG was?
June 10, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Tony Blair in FOXNews
Britain resolved, even more surely, to defeat the extremism and intolerance which drove the attackers and stand up for the values of freedom, democracy and the rule of law which as a nation we cherish,Blair said.
- Danny Jordaan in New York Times
For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it's a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame, and their shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they... Sean Penn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Penn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHyWkfkohuX8aFyYxA38x_KH5sEOQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498244,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGDeSocoHMJc4XbIXsEYb6mqTwa9w Feb 22, 2009
30554 39361 drove It's our ability to sing that inspired and drove the emotions," Jordaan said.