devilry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wicked and cruel behavior
- n reckless or malicious behavior that causes discomfort or annoyance in others
- All the fiendish devilry in the gangs was said to emanate from her.
- Even in the midst of the devilry, some of the soldiers knew their behavior was wrong.
- A small friend from down the street joined the sandy-haired boys, and the three quickly conjured up some devilry.
News & Articles
- S.C. Republicans, lesbians, and the infantilization of young adults
Fuck Harry Potter. There, I said it. Fuck Harry Potter and all of his wand-waving friends. Because of him America is under a dastardly spell, and it's one that's every bit as nasty as a cruciatus curse. It's a horribly nasty bit of devilry that has somehow convinced us that it's OK for young adults to read books written for pre-teens. more…
April 14, 2014 - Charleston City Paper
- Paul Gross in CTV.ca
For my money I think it's a completely insane way to go,said Gross. "Because a show like that has a brand. People come to view it with certain expectations and when there isn't any devilry and there's very little witchcraft. And so, I'm...
- Enoch Powell in Telegraph.co.uk
The sheer devilry of this,Powell concluded, "verged upon the disgusting."