curling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game played on ice in which heavy stones with handles are slid toward a target
- v form a curl, curve, or kink
- v shape one's body into a curl
- v wind around something in coils or loops
- v twist or roll into coils or ringlets
- v play the Scottish game of curling
- s of hair having curls
- Sweeping All Before It Making its Olympic debut at the Nagano Games, curling's mixture of skill and strategy proves to be right on target.
- In curling, a "rink" is a team, a "tee" is a goal, a "skip" is a captain, a "bonspiel" is a meet.
- Even little Denmark claimed its first Winter medal ever, in curling--quite a feat for a nation that doesn't have a functioning curling rink.
News & Articles
- Amika: 4 Piece Interchangeable Barrel Curler Set
Finding the perfect curling iron is a lot harder than what you may think. From the different shapes, sizes and style it takes experimentation and trial and error to find your go to hair tool. read more
June 14, 2013 - TheCelebrityCafe.com
- Letter: Thanks to curling coach who helped many youth
EDITOR: After 19 years of coaching the Wausau East Curling teams, Mike Maher has announced his retirement from teaching at Wausau East High School and from coaching curling. The curling community thanks Mike for jobs well done both on and off the ice.
June 13, 2013 - Wausau Daily Herald
- Real Salt Lake's Robbie Findley easily wins AT&T MLS Goal of the Week for Week 14
Robbie Findley's curling right-footed blast in a romp over the San Jose Earthquakes last Saturday was the runaway winner for the AT&T MLS Goal of the Week for Week 14, giving Real Salt Lake their third such prize this season.
June 7, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Jim Carrey in Us Magazine
If you really wanna see sexual disfunction get 2 know your favorite basketball star! Curling is the only safe sport 4 a married man,Carrey joked.
- Allison Pottinger in USA Today
Curling is very much something where your dad or mom takes you down to the club, and you play with them,said Allison Pottinger of Team McCormick, whose husband, Doug, competes for Team Romaniuk. "It's just one of those things -- you don't...
- Ruth Padel in FOXNews
Late in life when he was quite ill, he would look at plants curling up at the window, bending to the light, and he would wonder, 'How do they do that?'said Padel. "He was constantly thinking of relationships and that led him to understand...