- n footwear usually with wooden soles
- n any object that acts as a hindrance or obstruction
- n a dance performed while wearing shoes with wooden soles; has heavy stamping steps
- v become or cause to become obstructed
The leaves clog our drains in the Fall
- v dance a clog dance
- v impede the motion of, as with a chain or a burden
horses were clogged until they were tamed
- v impede with a clog or as if with a clog
The market is being clogged by these operations
- v coalesce or unite in a mass
- v fill to excess so that function is impaired
Fear clogged her mind
The story was clogged with too many details
News & Articles
- Breaking Down What Makes Miami Heat's 'Pace and Space' Offense Work
Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra has created an offensive attack that maximizes the abilities of his best players. He has literally put them in a place to succeed. By keeping traditional, loafing big men out of the paint and instead keeping personnel on the floor who can knock down threes, he forces the defense to spread itself too thin to clog the interior. With defenders who must stay home on ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Hyde5: Would the Heat bench Wade?
1. Keep Dwyane Wade on a short leash. This is a tough call. Wade has been so much of the Heat, has proved in the likes of Game 7 against Indiana he can still come through for them. But San Antonio went to school on that series and disrespects Wade’s shot to the point they’re dropping his man off to clog the lane and effectively triple-team LeBron. So? So if Wade struggles – and if he especially ...
June 13, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- USGA must enforce pace of play at 2013 U.S. Open, says Annika Sorenstam
Annika Sorenstam has a starring role in the “Caddyshack”-inspired “ While We’re Young” campaign that the USGA launched on Wednesday, the eve of the U.S. Open. Now, the LPGA Tour Hall of Famer expects golf’s governing body to practice what it preaches if slow players clog up the fairways at Merion as they are wont do do during major championships. “The USGA [has] to kind of follow through because ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Scott Dixon in USA Today
Twenty or twenty-two or maybe more cars are fighting for that spot,Dixon said. "They're going to clog up the (technical inspection) lines and things like that. It could be a tough day for everybody."
- Tayshaun Prince in SI.com
The biggest help we can give the American people is to stabilize our financial system right now and to prevent the system from clogging up, because if it does clog up, this is going to have an adverse effect on people's abilities to get jobs, on... Henry Paulson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Paulson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFunf9jqAG4PIOWvnV9rZ6KE6zAlQ CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/news/economy/the_threat_and_the_bailout/%3Fpostversion%3D2008092208&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEZZWIg3X8RQEPIkrw75FUArjKFxg Sep 22, 2008
18602 26138 clog Boston's record speaks for itself," Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince said. "They're a great defensive ballclub. They can clog up the paint and really keep you away from the basket. It'll be a good test for us once again."