overload : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an electrical load that exceeds the available electrical power
- n an excessive burden
- v become overloaded
The aerator overloaded
- v fill to excess so that function is impaired
- v place too much a load on
don't overload the car
- Though mercury overload could damage the still-developing nervous system of a baby, the scientific consensus was that for the average Joe taking in the average amount of fish .
- He counsels swamped chief executives on coping with information overload.
- With 20,000 add-on apps and countless spam invitations, Facebook users are starting to rebel against the overload.
News & Articles
- Why Office eMail Drives Employees Up a Wall
Email: Can't live with it. Can't live without it. At least, that's the impression created by a recent survey from CPP and Sendmail. Professionals are fed up sending business-related emails that never get a response, as well as receiving a surplus of "reply to all" emails that overload their inbox.
June 18, 2013 - Baseline
- Can Activity Streams Save Us From Information Overload?
Email is only the beginning. Between Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more, we are constantly bombarded with new information. Here's one possible way out of the data deluge. Email is the main cause of information overload at work today. It prevents us from being able to make good decisions and tackle important tasks according to priority. I used to believe this. In fact, I have written about it ...
June 17, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Share a Picture of Baby Everly!
Get ready for somer serious cutness overload: Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan just shared the first picture of their little bundle of joy, daughter Everly. As expected, the 2-week-old is as adorable as can be. Channing Tatum via Facebook "First Father’s Day with my girls," Tatum wrote with the picture. Dewan also posted the picture on her social networking page, calling Everly "our lil angel ...
June 16, 2013 - Zimbio