- n a lump of material formed from the content of a liquid
- v change from a liquid to a thickened or solid state
- v cause to change from a liquid to a solid or thickened state
- v turn into curds
- v coalesce or unite in a mass
- The clot can then move to an artery and block blood flow to the brain (stroke) or other organs.
- The clot can block blood flow.
- Her parents joined relatives of other blood-clot victims in a lawsuit against 18 airlines.
News & Articles
- Mumford & Sons Star Hospitalized For Blood Clot In His Brain
Mumford & Sons bassist Ted Dwane was rushed to a hospital on Monday where doctors discovered that he had a blood clot on the surface of his brain that will require surgery
June 15, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Mumford & Sons Bassist Ted Dwane Treated for Blood Clot on Brain
Mumford & Sons Bassist Ted Dwane Treated for Blood Clot on Brain Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:16 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Mumford & Sons bassist Ted Dwane was rushed to a hospital Monday to receive emergency treatment for a blood clot on his ...
June 14, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Brain Blood Clot: Mumford & Sons Bassist Ted Dwane's Condition, Explained
Ted Dwane, bassist for the musical group Mumford & Sons, has a blood clot on the surface of his brain , which requires him to have emergency surgery, according to news reports.
June 12, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Stuart Cage in Scottish Daily Record
Later former Tour colleague Stuart Cage, who works for Westwood's management company, said: "The doctor decided there is no DVT (deep vein thrombosis) or blood clot and the problem has something to do with a reaction to the heat. Lee is going to...
- Dennis Quaid in News 10NBC
Quaid, 53, said the twins' blood turned "the consistency of water, where they had a complete inability to clot. And they were basically bleeding out at that point."
- Terry Francona in ESPN
You wake up and have some inflammation. That's basically what it is,Francona said Wednesday. "Not an aneurysm or a clot."