chased : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is being chased
- v go after with the intent to catch
The policeman chased the mugger down the alley
the dog chased the rabbit
- v pursue someone sexually or romantically
- v cut a groove into
- v cut a furrow into a columns
- He combined a shattered, neon-chased, postmodern cityscapeits inhabitants rendered demi-human by designer drugs, tattoos and rampant surgical body modificationswith his .
- Instead they wanted to rob him, and they beat him up and chased him onto a parkway where he was hit by a car.
- Not long after the accident, a TV reporter beat him to the mailbox and rifled through his letters until neighbors chased her away.
News & Articles
- 2 people attacked by rabid cat in Chesapeake
CHESAPEAKE- Last week two men were chased and repeatedly scratched and bitten by a stray cat and that animal turned out to be rabid, according tio Jeffrey Goodchild of tthe Environmental Health Office here. Now, health officials want to find anyone else who may have been bitten or scratched by the feline. "Unfortunately rabies tends to make the animals crazy," Goodchild told WVEC. "The best way ...
June 13, 2013 - 13 News, WVEC Hampton Roads
- Encore performance Friday, June 14, for MLive/Chronicle lunchtime concert series
MUSKEGON, MI -- Rainy weather June 12 chased the MLive/Muskegon Chronicle lunchtime concert performance by Dave Rucks inside to the Muskegon Museum of Art. About 30 people attended the abbreviated presentation of Rucks' Ruxy Muzik Evolution Experience. Rucks, who is...
June 13, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Reynoldsburg: Woman chased, bitten by a dog while jogging
A small dog took a big bite from a woman's leg after she tried to calm two dogs that chased her as she was jogging.
June 12, 2013 - This Week Reynoldsburg
- Michael Vick in Philadelphia Inquirer
It's what I want - to get hit a little bit and get a feel for the game and get chased around,Vick said.
- Jawad al-Bolani in International Herald Tribune
Speaking late Thursday, Al-Bolani said "the government's policy is that anyone who tries to spread division and strife among the Iraq people will be chased by our security agencies."
- Mahinda Rajapakse in Swissinfo
They will be chased away [if they try] to give a second wind to the LTTE terrorists at a time the security forces, at heavy cost, are dealing them the final death blow,Rajapaksa warned the CNN, Al-Jazeera and the BBC television networks.