- s marked by blithe unconcern
an ability to interest casual students
showed a casual disregard for cold weather
- s without or seeming to be without plan or method; offhand
a casual remark
information collected by casual methods and in their spare time
- s appropriate for ordinary or routine occasions
- s occurring or appearing or singled out by chance
seek help from casual passers-by
a casual meeting
- s hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough
a casual (or cursory) inspection failed to reveal the house's structural flaws
- s occurring from time to time
a casual correspondence with a former teacher
- s characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility; it is no fooling matter"
a broken back is nothing to be casual about
- s natural and unstudied
using their Christian names in a casual way
- s not showing effort or strain
a difficult feat performed with casual mastery
- Obama wanders into a casual disquisition about the sluggish nature of democracy.
- She cruised the campaign trail in casual looks, but ever since she entered the White House, the First Lady has streamlined her style.
- Even longtime workers still flounder at the wardrobe, because almost two decades since the term first appeared in corporate dress codes, our understanding of business casual .
News & Articles
- Furniture Moves Forward: Sector Sees Post-Recession Growth
Certain sectors of the furniture industry benefited during the recession. Casual and outdoor furniture saw increased sales because people were spending more money on their homes rather than on vacations, according to Michael Hudgens, Southeast Regional Manager of CIT Trade Finance at CIT Group Inc., cit.com, a leading provider of financing and advisory services to small businesses and middle ...
June 27, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Buy-Rated Pit Stops Along I-95
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When you travel on I-95 from Florida to New Jersey you pass many major interchanges where casual dinning restaurants and fast food chains are vying for your coffee and food dollars. When you want coffee and a quick breakfast your choices include buy-rated Burger King and buy-rated McDonald's . Being creatures of habit my wife and I choose McDonald's, me for a medium ...
June 27, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Is Fast Casual the New "Dining Out" Norm?
Is Fast Casual the New "Dining Out" Norm?
June 26, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Bud Selig in Los Angeles Times
But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual, but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans chose to blame America for much of what's... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Kansas City Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/1122176.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFNHZO_3eVjOGkR0bhKVE4kTkwQaw Apr 3, 2009
15601 21711 casual Any admission regarding the use of illegal performance-enhancing substances, no matter how casual, must be taken seriously," Selig said in a statement.
- Landon Donovan in The Associated Press
For the last six months all we've seen is US-England,Landon Donovan said Wednesday. "And so, if you were a casual sports fan at home, you might think that this was the World Cup final, US vs. England."