nonchalant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s marked by blithe unconcern
drove his car with nonchalant abandon
was polite in a teasing nonchalant manner
- The Chinese can take this, Finch muses, because they are more nonchalant about bodily functions, such as burping, farting or even going to the bathroom an act performed .
- If their acquaintances had checked out the Heaven's Gate Website, they might have been somewhat less nonchalant.
- Kracauer was totally wrong Astaire didn't bring realism but rather a nonchalant nobility to movies but it's touching that the nutty professor bent his theory to .
News & Articles
- Why Japan Bond Market Swings Aren't So Wild
The Bank of Japan's nonchalant approach towards recent volatility in the government bond market has left investors feeling let down, but a look at historical yields could tell you just why the central bank isn't panicking yet.
June 12, 2013 - CNBC
- Photos: Governors Island Demolition Porn, Hot Debris Cloud Action
Those three videos of Building 877 being demolished on Governors Island this morning not enough for ya? Dig that baby, check this out. [Opens trenchcoat] We got hot cinderblock-on-cinderblock action, silt clouds, bright flashes, nonchalant sea gulls, the majesty of watching Humanity's frail edifice reduced to nothingness—we got what you need. [ more › ]
June 9, 2013 - Gothamist
- Spurs' Leonard holds his own against LeBron James
Second-year player expects tough challenges to continue against the four-time MVP — A day after San Antonio opened the NBA Finals with a win against the defending champion Heat and he put together a solid defensive effort against one of the world's best basketball players, Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard was nonchalant.
June 7, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Mike Singletary in San Francisco Chronicle
I will not tolerate players who think it's about them when it's about the team,Singletary said. "We cannot make decisions that cost the team and then come off the sideline nonchalant. I'm from the old school. I'd rather play with 10 .........
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
We were far too nonchalant in the second half,Van Marwijk complained. "Our final spell put us on the right track again, but consider this a serious warning."
- Chad McCumbee in SI.com
He's very nonchalant about stuff like that,McCumbee said. "My job was to play him and do what they told me to do."