fooling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make a fool or dupe of
- v spend frivolously and unwisely
- v fool or hoax
- v indulge in horseplay
The bored children were fooling about
- s characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility; it is no fooling matter"
- Jon, the focus of the book, spends his laconic, carefree schooldays fooling around with his best friend Bjorn, reading comic books, eating candy and telling jokes.
- But when Parry was not fooling around on the handy home-town beaches of Santa Monica, Calif.
- Being a lawyer, according to the author, boils down to "fooling clients into believing we have some real expertise and using fear and manipulation to extort excessive hourly .
News & Articles
- Ask the Right Questions
“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” (James 1:22 NLT) As I’ve taught over the last few days, Christian meditation means thinking about Scripture.
June 18, 2013 - High Plains Observer
- Wild Honey Bee Mating Keeps Genetic Diversity Alive In The Colony
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online Honey bees have a knack of being quite promiscuous. Queens have been observed with anywhere between seven and 20 different males in the colony during the frantic mating season; all this fooling around serves a beneficial purpose, however. Many previous studies have shown that queen bee promiscuity creates a genetic diversity amongst the ...
June 17, 2013 - redOrbit
- Coyotes sale: Seattle ownership group waiting in the wings
NHL Deputy Commissioner Billy Daly was not fooling around on Wednesday when he suggested the Phoenix Coyotes may not be playing in Glendale, Ariz. next season. There may finally be an ownership group with a " handshake agreement" to buy the team , but they need the city council's approval, which is not a slam dunk . The situation in that market has finally hit endgame, and the NHL has their ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- John McCain in Reuters
Governor Romney, you've been spending the last year trying to fool people about your record. I don't want you to start fooling them about mine,McCain said. "I stand on my record of a conservative."
- President Bush in 940 News
In a warning to Syrian President Bashar Assad, Bush said: "Stop fooling around with the Iranians and stop harbouring terrorists."
- Justine Henin in ESPN
After losing at the German Open last week, the latest in a series of subpar performances, Henin said she "decided to stop fooling myself and accept it."