- s hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough
a casual (or cursory) inspection failed to reveal the house's structural flaws
- He tried to make sense of the report with a cursory glance but unfortunately it was too heavy and involved.
- A cursory attempt at taking a test will most likely not produce a good grade. Carefully examine each question instead of giving them just a cursory glance.
- After that teasing, pouty pause she added a couple of cursory sentences and then wrapped it up: "There's so much more, but bios are a bore and I don't feel like writing any more.
News & Articles
- Can Isaiah Canaan make a splash in the NBA?
Isaiah Canaan is a household name for college basketball fans. Murray State and the Ohio Valley Conference doesn’t typically generate household names in the powerhouse-dominated college basketball landscape, but if you take a cursory glance at Canaan’s four-year career as a Racer, you will quickly see how he broke the mold to become an unlikely…
June 11, 2013 - NBC Sports: Beyond the Arc
- Chances Are You Won’t Finish This Article
According to new data from Chartbeat, online articles rarely get read in full. But that doesn’t stop people from tweeting them. No one expects you to read the entire Internet every day, start to finish. That’s where Twitter helps: it’s a cursory but totally comprehensive rundown on all the online content out there. Actually (and sadly), the facts don’t back that up. According to data collected ...
June 10, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Oakland spoils Brewers' Gallardo's best start of the season, 6-1
MILWAUKEE -- A cursory glance of the box score will do little to silence the growing legion of Yovani Gallardo's critics.
June 5, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Scott McClellan in San Diego Union Tribune
McClellan writes that Rice, who was national security adviser earlier in Bush's presidency, "was more interested in figuring out where the president stood and just carrying out his wishes while expending only cursory effort on helping him understand...
- Francois Fillon in Reuters
Even a cursory look at the Internet is enough to find blogs ...... carrying messages of incredible violence, whether against Israel or against the Palestinians,Fillon said after a meeting with ministers on fighting racism and anti-Semitism.
- Charles Schumer in International Herald Tribune
The bottom line is this group did a very cursory reviewwhen it approved the deal, Schumer said on an ABC interview. "I'ma little dubious of this review, but let's wait, let's see the report and see what they say."