- n the campaign of a candidate to be elected
- v run, stand, or compete for an office or a position
- v exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
- v go on a campaign; go off to war
News & Articles
- Japan party leaders debate ahead of July 21 vote
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe played up signs of economic recovery and appealed to voters for political stability in a debate Wednesday, a day before campaigning starts for upper house elections set ...
July 3, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Japanese party leaders hold debate before campaign opens for July 21 upper house vote
TOKYO — Leaders of nine Japanese political parties are appealing to voters in a debate the day before campaigning starts for upper house elections on July 21.
July 3, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- No liquor license for embattled bikini bar
An embattled bikini bar — that could have designs on stripping down even more — won’t be opening in Astoria any time soon. The State Liquor Authority shot down Racks’ bid for a liquor license Tuesday — much to the delight of local leaders who have been campaigning against the jiggle joint’s plans to move into the neighborhood.
July 2, 2013 - New York Daily News
- John McCain in Raw Story
We asked them not to run it. I am sending them an email as we speak asking them to take it down,McCain said. "There is no place for that kind of campaigning."
- Joe Biden in Boston Globe (registration)
You can learn an awful lot about a man campaigning with him, debating him, and seeing how he reacts under pressure,Biden said. "You learn about the strength of his mind. But even more importantly, you learn about the quality of his heart....
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in CBC.ca
We are on the same team, and none of us can afford to sit on the sidelines,Clinton said. "I haven't spent the past 35 years in the trenches advocating for children, campaigning for universal health care : and fighting for women's rights to...