- n a close-fitting and strapless top without sleeves that is worn by women either as lingerie or for evening dress
- s (of a woman's body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves
- PTI: I'm really hoping her bustier will slip down a little bit further than it did in the show.
- The bustier-busting sloganeering they purveyed is the touchstone for much of what passes for commercial feminism nowadays, especially the kind marketed to the demographic group the .
- American burlesque star Dita von Teese stripped down to a black bustier to play the title role of Germany's entry, "Miss Kiss Kiss Bang"; she had originally hoped to go further .
News & Articles
- To Discuss: Gisele’s Palm Tree Pants, Lingerie
After posting several pictures of herself in her underwear on the Internet, Gisele Bündchen made a personal appearance to shill her lingerie line at a mall in Sao Paolo yesterday. In front of adoring Brazilian crowds, she clasped plastic hangers full of bustiers and teddies and posed for pictures in the ... More »
June 17, 2013 - New York Magazine
- J Michael Straczynski in TheCelebrityCafe.com
In an interview with a video game and entertainment website, IGN.com, Straczynski said, "She was stuck in 1941. And as female friends of mine kept asking, 'how does she fight in that [bustier] thing without all her parts flying out? How does she...
- Jodi Picoult in Today24News (blog)
In a 2006 interview about her work on the series, the novelist Jodi Picoult said: "One of the first things I did was ask if we could give her breast-reduction surgery, because as a woman, I know you wouldn't fight crime in a bustier. But I was...
- Gillian Anderson in RTE.ie
In an interview with The Times, Gillian Anderson said: "That was somebody (Pamela Anderson) who was more familiar to them in terms of what was on TV at the time. They were looking for someone bustier, taller, leggier than me. They couldn't fathom...