- v cook under a broiler
- v heat by a natural force
- v be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
- s cooked by radiant heat (as over a grill)
- Or broiled lobster tails or cold boiled fish with mayonnaise.
- As the prisoners left their cells in the morning to toil in the extremes of summer and winter, buffeted by the merciless southeaster or broiled by the African sun (whose glare in .
- Unexplained is the title of a Lenten concoction called "Gregorian Cocktail" (broiled peppers, broiled onions, broiled tomatoes, catsup, relish, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire .
News & Articles
- Simplify summer meals let 'em eat salmon cakes
Note recipe at end. Once summer hits, many of us are constantly on the go, so getting the most out of meals is essential. Today's salmon cake recipe fits that bill because it started with a leftover broiled salmon.
June 19, 2013 - Salem Statesman Journal
- A salad that’s a whole meal
A simple flank, top round or sirloin steak, marinated in a soy sauce-based dressing and then broiled or grilled, is one of those easy, fast dishes that never seem to go out of style. I understand the appeal, but with today’s meat-on-the-side, vegetables-in-the-middle sensibility taking hold, it’s time for an update. That same steak, thinly sliced and mixed with snow peas, carrots and shiitake ...
June 17, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- After 24 years, the Chesapeake is back
A Baltimore classic returns with new owners and a new outlook For decades, the well-heeled and hungry went to the Chesapeake Restaurant for formally served dinners of charcoal-broiled steaks, unabashedly rich seafood dishes like jumbo crab lumps au gratin and a dessert named the coconut snowball.
June 16, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Mike Huckabee in CBS News
Going through the weight loss program I try to eat it more broiled and baked,Huckabee said. "But I can tell you this: any Southerner knows that if you're not gonna eat the skin, don't bother with calling it fried chicken."
- Johns Hopkins in Newswise (press release)
We also found that within the highest risk group, women who reported using aspirin significantly reduced their breast cancer risk to the same levels as those who never ate flame-broiled foods,says Johns Hopkins epidemiologist and oncologist...
- Amy Poehler in Pressemeldungen.at (Pressemitteilung)
The "black comedy" - "it's so dark it's almost char-broiled," says Poehler with a grin - explores the analogy of the low-pay fast food restaurant to a separate nation within the United States.